Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 6: The Interactive Presentation

Working with presentations has been a rewarding experience. I have familiarized myself with quite a few techniques. It's a pity there is not time to practice all of them, but I certainly will, little by little.
prezi,com, because the moment I saw it, I fell in love with it.

Although the Prezi interface is easy enough, the creation of my first Prezi took more time than I expected.
On the one hand, I am still thinking in terms of slide show, which restricts my imagination.
On the other hand, I could not find the way to overlay the images to produce an impression of zooming in, as I would do with Power Point.

It was also rather hard to switch between the editing and presentation modes. On top of this, when I checked the link that I had uploaded on the wiki, Prezi told me that the link has expired. What a shock!
However, it wasn't that bad. Somehow I found the presentation online, it was intact. So, here it is:

http://prezi.com/dtufy3aosox5/welcome-to-minsk-belarus/

I also re-loaded this URL to wiki to replace the non-existent one.

So, the job is done and I hope in future I will be able to use Prezi with more confidence.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Val,

    I liked your Prezi. I am thankful for our colleagues and instructors for introducing Prezi and felt eager to try it once I have more time to learn about it. Now that I see a nice example that you posted, I am more at my toes to dip into it.

    Great job!

    Hassan, Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, dip into both: Frezi and Minsk!
      I would love to visit your beautiful country as you showed it here.

      Hassan

      Delete
    2. Dear Hassan,

      Thanks for your feedback. I am so happy you share my excitement about Prezi. I got stuck with it two times (with path and with saving it), but I did what I would call a reasonably good one.
      What I am not happy with is that I was not able to make it zoom in and zoom out, as in the demo presentation - the technique that, actually hooked me up. I am going to ask Sherie about it, as she seems to be more experienced with this site. Alternatively, I am going to explore the site tutorials. I am sure that exploring Prezi further will be rewarding. And if you embark on it too, we would be able to share our experiences.

      I am also happy that you've got interested in my city. I think coming overhere is quite possible, both my private invitation and for conferences. You and other friends, who are interested, are very welcome.

      Best regards,

      Val, belarus

      Delete