Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Challenge of Online Interaction


I view technology as tools for people - not people serving these tools. We shouldn’t forget that behind every fascinating technological innovation there are people, and the users of their creations are people too. And speaking about our wish to learn webskills, we should imply learning online communication skills, a new type of skills, which didn’t exist before.

I think this first week of on-line interaction has shown that on-line interaction is a challenge per se. For instance, I was surprised to discover, that a few participants of our group turned out to be males, while after reading their introduction posts I visualized them as females, and vice versa, someone, who seemed to me male appeared to be female. It is just one example on the challenges of on-line interaction.

It was a great idea for our teachers to encourage us to start with building a community. As well as other participants, I pasted my introduction on the discussion board. But already by now, we see that it is growing more and more difficult to follow the threads, so I think it would be a good idea to repeat my introduction here.

I have read that some participants experience a bit of frustration while dealing with some technology for the first time. I wish to share my story, hoping that it will give them courage to carry on. Besides, this will help you to see the areas of my competence or gaps in it. As well as I am willing to help you, I would appreciate your advice too.

Thus, wholeheartedly embracing the task to reflect on the learning process, I will start off with telling you more about my background.

No comments:

Post a Comment